Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should i move or not?

ok we found this home too rent .. it 425 a mnth and very nice .. it jut has 1 bad thing BUGS omg i knw NASTEY .. anyways i really want this place what do i do ? i dnt want bugs here tho .. do i get a termites or whatever there called to come and spray ? i dont wanna live with roaches.. there where ppl who lived here before that where nastey im guessing please help me .. how much does it cot too get some1 come out here? and want they have too come more than once? how many times are u guessing?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Home & Garden

Answers (6)
  • I think I paid about $80 for one treatment. But you shouldn't have to pay for that if you are renting, get the landlord to doit!

    Answer by jenree33 at 11:26 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

  • Call your landlord. They should spray.

    Answer by say_tay at 12:02 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

  • I would have the landlord pay for it, as part of YOUR terms before signing the lease agreement, AND then I would hire my OWN pest company to INSPECT the property, before signing the lease!

    The problem with termites and roaches is once they are established, it's virtually impossible to get rid of them. Termite infected wood, needs to be completely replaced. Female roaches lay eggs practically weekly--even if you stomp on one, the eggs can be released--then they hatch, and you're back to square one!

    I DOUBT that I'd rent this home....there's a reason why it's so cheap! It should probably be condemned! Eeeeeewwww!!!!

    Answer by LoriKeet at 12:05 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

  • I would never rent an apartment without a "no roach" clause.

    Answer by rkoloms at 3:00 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

  • in todays market they are offering pretty good deal to spray your house. i would call around some pest control companys and try to find one without a contract although you will want to continue tp spray the house for a few months to make sure all the infestation of eggs or babies breeding is completely gone. so i would do it like 6 months depending on how bad it really is. i find most land lords do the bare minimum and only fog the house with those can foggers but they just run away but come back. they say will come out again and never do and they don't get professionals as they should. you will need a professional and they should do both the exterior and the interior of your plcae. at least 3 feet up a wall and 3 feet out from it. they can't cross this. he should do the entire building and not just your place. so talk with landlord and see what they are willing to offer or see if it's a fee you want to take on yourselves.

    Answer by melody77 at 7:04 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

  • First off if you really like the house it's not that hard to rid it of bugs. Go to home depot, buy yourself a bottle of Ortho Home Defense Max (about twenty bucks a bottle) and a bunch of foggers to set off in each room of the house. Spray each nook and cranny with the Ortho including the windows and doors then set off the foggers. Come back in about five hours or so and clean that house from top to bottom. You should be good to go after that.

    I've lived in an attached townhouse for five years. The house that I'm attached to is a rental property and I've had issues with new tenants moving in every year and bringing unwanted friends with them. The second I see any nasty little critter I go to town on my home. The best way to keep them out is to keep your home clean otherwise they'll set up shop in your place. A little patience and elbow grease goes a long way.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.