My daughters birthday is Dec. 15th. I know I have months til her b-day but i like to plan ahead...I wanna have a theme birthday she is gonna be 2. I am either going to do a winter snowflake and polor bear an penguin type theme or I thought I would be fun to have a winter luau and have summer stuff in the dead of winter? What do you think??

Nolas.Mommy

Asked by Nolas.Mommy at 11:33 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• A luau might be fun that time of year. It would be obvious that you didn't just mix her birthday with Christmas because it was convenient, and you might also be able to buy decorations on sale at the end of summer.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:36 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I think after the party you'll wonder why you did all this for a two year old. A three year old would be more appreciative of it. But a two year old and having mostly two year olds and a little bit older younger at the party doesn't make sense to me. The thoughts though are fantastic for an older child. I love the winter snowfalke and polar bear penguin idea - that is really unique, wow!! how'd you ever come up with that idea?

my daughter is a december baby too. we just did ice skating when she was a bit older or rollerblading. good good winter party ideas, wish i'd thought of them!!! Don't stress yourself out about parties for such a little one mommy. Plenty plenty of time for that as dd grows!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I'd go with the baby animal idea....polar bears and penguins - too cute.

save the luau for when she's older and can appreciate it a bit more.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:43 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• If I was a mom at your party, and chances are I am not dropping my toddler off & leaving, I would LOVE the winter luau! (Feel free to invite me!) You can get your decorations now & save them until Dec. Also, the month of Dec. brings 55 Christmas parties filled with ham, turkey, cranberry sauce, dressing, etc. So, a hot dog, hamburger, potatoe salad, baked beans, coleslaw, shish-kebobs from the grill, etc. would be a welcome change at the holidays. (Assuming that you aren't having to grill in the snow, LOL!) Also, so that your DD can have a birthday party where it's not Christmas-oriented. Just might think about the availability of "last-minute" items, including groceries in Dec. that are summer-related.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 12:01 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I love all the ideas, but the luau is my favorite! Your little one may be too young to remember, but then again, she may too young to remember a winter themed party too! My daughter is turning 2 in December as well. I may steal the luau idea! Better yet, maybe I'll use it for my birthday at the end of December! :)
    decemberbaby27

Answer by decemberbaby27 at 9:31 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Thanks for the ideas...I still like the luau idea too!
    Nolas.Mommy

Answer by Nolas.Mommy at 11:23 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• What does she like?? Cats/dogs, princess stuff, teddy bears? Whatever she is in to is what I would do. My son will be 2 December 23rd. His first word before his 1st birthday was "car" so that is the theme we went with. Not sure what we will do this year since he is still loving cars!!! Not even Cars the movie...just any ol' car...lol Watch her over the next few months and go with what she really likes...I DO think a 2 year old would be excited over party decor that she's in to.
    bamsmama23

Answer by bamsmama23 at 12:01 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• ^ True, i think she'd enjoy it because she are gonna play games like get the monkey in the tree. Its cute...like pin the tail on the donkey but all the kids get a monkey they have to stick in a picture of a tree. ect...
    Nolas.Mommy

Answer by Nolas.Mommy at 3:20 AM on Jul. 24, 2009