My infant son won't eat his green vegetables. What should I do?

My 8-m0-old son loves his food.....except for peas and green beans. He'll eat fruits and he'll eat the following veggies: squash, corn, carrots, sweet potatoes....but I cannot get him to eat peas and green beans, which their nutritional value can realy benefit him. If I try to feed him peas or green beans, he just rolls up his tongue and the food just dribbles down his chin. Picky!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mine hated beans and peas too.

I just fed them the other stuff and occasionally mixed a bit in if I was especially anxious about it. but I made my own food so it was easier to do that. lol

they do however love their beans and peas today - they're 8, 6, and 3
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:39 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• your baby eats better than mine. my baby will not eat any fruit at all.
    hlmommy

Answer by hlmommy at 11:45 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I would mix the baby cereal or oatmeal or sometimes apple sauce in the green foods- my son still at 20 months won't eat much green foods, I try to hide them in other foods now -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:59 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• It's not important at this age as his primary source of nutrition is bm or formula. When he is older you can try mixing them into fruit smoothies. I make ice cubes from kale and put them in fruit smoothies.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 12:02 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Pureed peas?? Ew. I wouldn't eat those either. Emi eats zucchini, cut into pea sized pieces and asparagus cut the same way. Maybe get fresh or frozen and cook it for him that way?
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 12:41 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Thanks ladies! I started to re-introduce pureed peas and green beans to my son after a little while after he started getting used the Stage 2 textures. He loves his green veggies now, and I think it is because he is more used to the texture. I think the texture turned him off more than the taste.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 11:33 PM on Aug. 1, 2009