Does anyone else have a problem with their husband or SO playing the card game Magic? It's better for us now, but I'm thinking of starting a support group!

LadyAronna

Asked by LadyAronna at 11:34 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• Nope. My husband played in high school and moved past it. He use to play D&D a lot when I met him but then he lost his friends and D&D buddies. So now he plays WoW.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:40 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Men & their games! When will they grow up! lol
    Its either some kind of card game.. Xbox games, Computer games (WoW)...... BUT Id prefer my dh spending hours doing this than in a bar, porn addiction, cheating, or doing drugs..
    When I get aggrivated with his games I just try to remember there is MUCH worse things out there.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:45 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I agree with MommaTasha. If your husbands "worse" vise is the game Magic. You should celebrate.
    We play WoW as a family. We all have Alliance Characters, and as dumb as it sounds it "opens up a line of communication" between us and the kids.
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 11:48 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Oh, I agree that there are much worse things to do and I'm glad he doesn't do them- but eventually you need to draw a line and you only get so much comfort from 'at least he's not doing _________'
    I had to start drawing the line when he came home one night after 2AM- he was expected at 11. Then when he wanted to play all weekend and spend every night researching the cards, that was too much.
    So yes I'm glad that he doesn't do worse things, but the amount he used to play was unacceptable.
    There's always something 'worse' that they can do, it doesn't mean we have to put up with it.
    I'm just hearing more and more about women taking relationships outside of their marriages and/or leaving their spouses because they are always doing on-line gaming or playing things like magic- I just wondered who else out there was dealing with it.
    So no, I don't think I'll be celebrating it any time soon, but I am glad that we've worked it out.
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 12:01 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My husband hates video games and does not play loser games like WOW or Magic. I lucked out my husband loves to golf with his family. Play football with our son. we bike ride together and do many activities that are good for our health and don't keep up inside ignoring each other. I feel bad for those of you with a teenager for a husband.
    Anonymous

• no
    Anonymous

• Uhhh.....no. I'm lucky my dh isn't a 'gamer' and when he's home, he's truly 'home' with me and the kids...doing stuff around the house, relaxing with me, conversations and all.
    Anonymous