• In the Spotlight:

I’m 10 weeks along and I can’t stop feeling sick. HELP PLEASE

I am 10 weeks and I have lost 15 pounds. I throw up every time I eat or drink. Rarely does anything stay down. My doctor has given me four medications to take but they are not working or even helping. My upper body and throat hurt from throwing up so much. I’m so stressed out and have another child to take care of on top of all this. I have gone to the hospital twice to be hydrated and I’m going to go again tonight when my hubby gets home. I don’t know what to do so I figured I would ask other moms who may have gone through this. If any food or anything has helped you while going through this I would greatly appreciate it if you would share.
Thank you in advance...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• crackers and water are your best bet
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Thats what they say but they are not working. Meanwhile my stomach is growling from starvation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I was never this bad, so I am prob. not any "new" help. I felt less sick when I never let my stomach get empty. Small snacks often, plain toast, crackers, light drinks like sprite, ginger ale. I took baby steps til I got up and back on my feet. THen, never let my stomach get empty again. I snacked on graham crackers or what ever I could keep handy while in the car or at work. They make wrist bands and suckers for "sea sick" at the drug store that I have heard help. GL
    Skyler11978

Answer by Skyler11978 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• "They make wrist bands and suckers for "sea sick" at the drug store that I have heard help."
    THANKS!!!
    Anonymous

• welcome to pregnacy with both my kids i threw up all nine mts. lost 20 with my dd and 15 with my ds. i was diagnosed with hypermisis gravidum is a severe form of morning sickness. well more like all day sikcness. yeah i wenti to the hospital countless of time for dehydration. i couldt even keep water down and i kept going into labor cuz i was so dehydrated. luckily both my kids were born at 38 and 37 wks. i know what your going thru and it sucks!!!
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:28 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• The meds worked for me, but I too found crackers did not work at all. Fruit, especially apples, and carrots really helped me. And keeping something in your stomach does help as well.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:45 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I know exactly what you are going thru... with my first pregnancy I had to be hospitalized for loosing so much weight and becoming severly dehydrated. I was later diagnosed with hypermisis graidum just like piwife had mentioned. But my doctor said that I was making my self twice as sick because I refused to take anything but my prescribed prenatals... once I was forced to swithch to flinstones vitamins my throwing up got alot better and by the middle of 2nd trimester I was not throwing up at all. The prenatals can sometimes make you very sick due to the amount of iron that they have in them... but you can take 2 flinstones vitamins each day and it is just as good. I hope this works good luck let me know how it turns out!!
    wifey26

Answer by wifey26 at 12:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Yes i do take two flinstone vitamins. They dont help but they dont make it worse.
    Anonymous