I have a Brother Sewing machine that is acting up-Jamming up shall we say. Not the tread, but it was like the wheel wouldn't turn and such. I vacumed it out and was going to oil it, but then I read on their web site that it's not needed, that it's pre-oiled. How can it have enough oil to last forever? It's working now, but still sounds weird. Does anyone else have a brother?

LadyAronna

Asked by LadyAronna at 11:44 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I oil everything on my machine that moves. I don't care what they say. If it's still making a noise I'd oil it.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:21 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Yeah, I think Maybe I will.
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 12:30 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Id still oil it I am planning on oiling mine this weekend!! thanks for the reminder!!
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 12:54 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I oil my machine after 8 hours of sewing, some companies state that they shouldnt be oiled, but that is for in between services, so if your having jaming issues I would take it to someone and have it serviced......
    Just like your car it needs a professional to see to it...
    dk
    deenakate

Answer by deenakate at 3:03 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Sounds like it needs to be serviced.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 9:46 AM on Jul. 25, 2009