My 2 year old and bath time

I have started having problems with giving my little girl a bath. She is terrified of the water. She just cries and says bye bye water or (wa wa for her) Anyway last night was the worst it has been. She wouldn't sit in the water or let any toys touch the water. She was coverd in soap when she started it and I had to drain all the water out of the tub for her to stop shaking. I got water out of the sink and washed her off. After the water was out of the tub she was ok sitting and putting her toys down... I don't get it. Anyone have some advise??

rlapierre03

Asked by rlapierre03 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son never had the problem but what you could do just a suggestion is Take a bath with her or shower with her? My 19 month old gets the biggest kick out of taking a bath with me and all of his toys! Its really cute we can play in there for over an hour and kill 2 birds with one stone!!
    ALDmama

Answer by ALDmama at 5:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My son was scared for a while so I had to buy him one of those big baby baths it was bigger then the usually infant ones but it costed me $35.!! Anyway that was the only way I could bathe him for about 9 months. He is better now as long as I don't put bubbles in the bath...he freaks if there are bubbles in it.
    stummegirl

Answer by stummegirl at 11:59 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• my oldest had a bathtime terror for a while. we got one of those large blue buckets that are usually used for toys and stuff. put that in the tub filled it with water and just scrubbed her down - it was a 2 person job - one to hold and the other to scrub

she outgrew it thankfully in about 6 months.

just grin and bear it, scrub her down and get her out as fast as you can.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:04 PM on Jul. 23, 2009