Do you tip your pizza delivery person???

Okay here is the deal. I work for Domino's Pizza. I deliver pizza's it's a good job when you are making good money, but now out franchise is looking into sub-minimum wages. In other words we will be making below minimum wage. We will still get reembusted for gas (which does not cover it) while you get charged a delivery fee (this is NOT the tip btw). Several Domino's Pizzas are dwendaling the gas reembusment. For instance; if I take 2 addresses on one delivery I get $1.25 for the first address and $1.00 for the second. If by chance there is a 3rd then I get $.50 with manager approval. While you the customer are being charged the flat rate of $1.75, $2.00 or what ever the franchise around your area charges (if they charge you. If they don;t let me know so I can move there...lol.) This rate is every single delivery. So if I take 3 runs on one delivery I made $2.75 my boss made $5.25 so he made $2.50 off of my car.

luvmygrlz

Asked by luvmygrlz at 12:06 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• "I still have a hard time with the idea of tipping someone for doing their job when I don't exactly get extra service as a result (compared to restaurants where quality of service is noticeable)"

A delivery driver does just as much , if not more than a waiter/waitress. They get in their car, drive however far to your house and take your food up to your door. That's not extra service?
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 4:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• i always tip
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 12:07 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Our local Dominos stats on there coupons that the drivers recieve $3 per delivery, however, I still tip at least that much or more if I can afford it. We haven't been able to order a pizza in about 3 months due to being broke though!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Thanks guys for being tippers it's appreciated
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:12 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I always tip 5.00... unless its a big party with 6 or more pizzas, than I tip 5.00 + a dollar per extra pizza after 6.
    Anonymous

• I think I usually order from places that say free delivery. I could be wrong, though. I don't really pay that much attention. Anyway, I always tip $3.00 for pizza for me and my husband. I would tip more if we had company and ordered more pizzas.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Yes, I tip.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:19 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I usually give between $3 and $5 each time...I know how it is that is why I still tip...bastard companies!
    stummegirl

Answer by stummegirl at 12:21 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Delivery fee is just that, it's not a tip and no one should think it is. Otherwise it would say tip. yes I tip and I tip well. I appreciate them bringing it to me especially since I decided to go green and give up my car. I gave it away and walk wherever I can or take public transportation now. My mom was a waitress and I know the importance of tipping. Even if I have a bad experience with the company I still don't take it out on the driver. I may switch to Domino's since Papa John's can't get my order right to save their life.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:23 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Nope. Never.
    GrungeMum

Answer by GrungeMum at 12:24 PM on Jul. 23, 2009