would it be irresponsible

to ttc in August(next month) to have a may 2010 baby? We have been planning on having a May 2010 baby for awhile now. The things that are making me question it is
1. Dh is going back to college in August(next month) and if everything goes right will be graduating in December 2012.
2. In July 2010 we will be moving 2 hours north to attend a college that offers what he wants to major in
3. He will be working p/t and I will be going from a sahm to a working mom in August 2010 when the baby is 3 months old and our son is almost 3. I plan on working at a daycare so I can get a discount on the daycare and can still be with my children all day.
4. I had a weight goal of 140-150 before I got pregnant. I started at 199 and am now at 169 and if evrything goes right will be at 155 when we ttc. I gained 50 pounds exactly with my son but this time I will be working out and eating right so hopefully no more than 30 pounds.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• OP HERE
    5. We are living paycheck to paycheck and probably will be until he graduates. We will not be living close to any family members either so it is just us(but nothing new, it has been for 7 years!)
    6. We really want our kids to be as close as possible. Last year at this time we put it off(we had planned to have a MAY 2009 baby) because of finances and we are itching to get started again but want to be responsible about it.

Thanks for the comments!
    Anonymous

• I go for it.

if you try to plan out everything for school, work, weight....etc you'll never do it other things will keep cropping up and then a year will be gone and you'll be back where you started.
    Anonymous

• I can't imagine bringing another one in to your family if things are already tight.
    Anonymous

• Personally, I would wait a few years. If you are paycheck to paycheck now, it's going to be worse. It's not going to do any damage to your other child to wait at least untill your hub is done with school and has his degree. There really isn't a "right" time to have a child, but there is definately a WRONG time to have a child
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:36 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• new anon here...what if you can't get a job? I've been a graduate student's wife and mother of two. Student insurance at Cornell U where my husband went was BAD!!!
    We ended up getting private insurance which was extremely costly and basically broke us even more.

WIll insurance you have now if you get pregnant on it and drop it, with you being prgnant possibly when you move will the new college's insurance or private if you need it pick up the pregnancy care of yourself and baby? plus delivery costs and care in delivery and recovery of yourself and baby? what about insurance for your first baby?
    Anonymous

• There are so many "what ifs" in the situation as you have described it. I would wait until you have settled into the new situation and know what you are dealing with. I do think it is irresponsible to intentionally try to conceive when you don't know if you will be able to afford it - you do not know if you will both be able to find jobs or what those jobs will pay if you do find them. You need to consider not only what income you will bring in, but also what new or different expenses you will be paying. Do you know how much you will have to pay for rent, health insurance, your husband's school? You are talking about a lot of changes that will be stressful enough without adding a pregnancy and baby to the mix. You have a lot of plans that require you to assume things will work out exactly as you want. I say wait until you know what your financial situation will actually be, and then make a decision based on that.
    Anonymous

• I say go for it. My sister & I are 9 years apart & have nothing in common.
    manalynn1406

Answer by manalynn1406 at 1:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2009