What do you think about Obama speach last night?

I am not sure what I think.

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 12:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I turned it off.
    Anonymous

• We've been discussing it already. Scroll down a page or two.
    Anonymous

• turned it off..... Wow... that was a good move...
    Now your discussing something you didn't watch.... ROFL
    Anonymous

• I don't care what he has to say. Over and over he has been a proven liar. Nothing has changed.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:27 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• OP--
    Ever hear of the internet? It's a great source of bare bones information! I prefer to read the TRANSCRIPTS, instead of watching the "dog and pony show!"....I don't need Obama or news anchors to interpret what I am fully capable of reading and comprehending! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:27 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I thought it was laughable. I only watched part of it before I decided it was BS and turned it off. What I got out of it is that Obama is asking congress to pass it without checks and balance's, and leaving the whole decision to him saying that he won't pass it unless it won't put the US into further debt and that people won't have to give up their current standard of health care.
    Why is he trying to rush it? Why does he want congress to deny the American people of checks and balances? I haven't seen him making good decisions for our country yet, and don't want to take a gamble on such a huge issue. I just don't trust him yet!
    Anonymous

• when obama said time for a change.. he never specified "WHAT KIND OF CHANGE" wow a little tricky for him to do that huh? anyways about his lame speaches... blah blah same shit all the time and does nothing. do you know what his zodiac sign is? go check his sign out and read all about it! haha.. yeah... he's our president!
    Anonymous

• I turned it off too. I can only take so much of the "show."

What a waste of opportunity. Does he have any type of plan? You know a real we will do xxx and not do xxx, not skirting the issue or spewing the same old blah blah blah.

The 3/4 of the speech I listened to only left me more concerned. The studying I have done this am has left me ALARMED.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:33 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Obama said " Even as we rescue this economy from a full-blown crisis, we must rebuild it stronger than before. And health insurance reform is central to that effort.

Anyone who disagrees that point has their head in the sand.

We have to start somewhere.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 12:40 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• We have to start somewhere.

***
    TORT reform is an EXCELLENT starting off point. No need to blow up the entire industry for about 7% of the American population without insurance (that's using the 46 million over exaggerated figure and not counting illegals!)!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:45 PM on Jul. 23, 2009