Strange question-may think it's TMI- Just curious, those out there that hate the sight of blood, what do you do every month when you menstruate? I've had a few guys ask me that question and I don't know!

LadyAronna

Asked by LadyAronna at 12:21 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Health

• Figures that a man would have asked a woman that.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:22 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• uhmmm hmmmm blood doesn't bother me. I watch needles put in myself my kids, I've watched stiches being put in.

But as for your specific question some women maybe afraid of blood themselves but they don't sit or stand with a mirrow and see massive blood flow out from between their legs. I think that's why the physical bloodflow of menstrual bleeding itself, not cramps for example, does not bother most women like blood pouring from a wound bothers some people.
    Anonymous

• hmmmm idk, now i'm curious too, never thought of that. I'm not afraid of blood though , so none of it bothers me. But thats a good question.....hmmmmm????

Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 12:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I figured it was different when it was just themselves. but I did think it was a good question. I don't mind it when guys ask me things like this. They aren't trying to be mean, they are just curious. It's not like they'll ever know first hand.
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 1:08 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• period blood is different. it isn't typically bright red, free flowing blood like might ooze from your arm when cut. It's collected in a pad or tampoon and tossed away so you don't really see that much of it. If you keep tampons in the whole time you may not see any. Also, you are designed to bleed during your period so it's expected and you can adapt to it, but when you get a suddent injury, your mind reacts differently. It's not just blood, it's the injury too that your mind is reacting to.
    Anonymous