Help!!!

Ok Ladies... I need help with a shaving issue. When I shave my thighs & bikini line, I get a painful razor rash. My Hubby suggested that I just stop shaving those areas but, I simply cannot stand to be hairy. I have tried every product that I can think of to try and ease the problem. Nair or anything like that burns my skin & irritates it even worse. I have tried the Venus and it worked for a short while, then the razor burn came back. I am cautious with how many times I go over an area so as not to over shave. Please!!!! Any ideas would help!!!

TexanBreeze

Asked by TexanBreeze at 12:22 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• wax or threading!
    Anonymous

• have you tried exfoliating the area? I have the same problem and If I exfoliate it makes it much better...plus when I shave I use baby shampoo instead of soap or anything else. It seems to make it better for me...I am allergic to everything
    stummegirl

Answer by stummegirl at 12:29 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I also use conditioner instead of shaving cream. That moisturizes too!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:51 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Waxing also irritates my skin and I have no idea what threading is..... I use Aveeno Shaving cream as that seems to be what my legs prefer for the most part. I use exfoliating shower gloves every time I shower and I don't shave until I am finished with my shower, giving the heat & water time to soften the hair. I am at my wits end!!
    TexanBreeze

Answer by TexanBreeze at 1:30 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• here is e-how's way to do it

http://www.ehow.com/how_4550570_prevent-razor-bumps-legs.html
    stummegirl

Answer by stummegirl at 1:51 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I also agree with the conditioner idea..has a hairdresser i have been around waxing enough to know that it sounds like you have very sensitive skin...condition will keep the area super moisturized during the process , also be sure to rinse your razor after each swipe so everytime you shave the area , you have the sharpest razor possible and will be less irritating..another thing is...i started shaving everything at about 13 when i got it...when i first started i do had bumps..i dont know how long youve been trying but sometimes your skin just needs to get adjusted to it. eventually my bumps went away and now i get perfectly smooth skin every time.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 11:02 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• i have to shave every single day then my skin gets used to it if I eait a few days inbetween it hurts like hell!
    Jessiemay999

Answer by Jessiemay999 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 1, 2009