Im a new mom and i dont know how to Potty train a boy, How did ya'll do it or what is the best way to do it?

Fordsgirl2109

Asked by Fordsgirl2109 at 12:36 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I did the old fruit loops in the toilet and tell him to sink em
    4hens

Answer by 4hens at 12:42 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• well...i'm a new mom too, also a new step mom. my 3 yr old step son is just starting potty training. all i did was tell him its time to go potty. took him to the bathroom and had him sit on toilet. he cried only bc he was mad that i was making him not scared. after a few times of that (intervals of 30-45 minutes) he went pee. so i just keep telling hi to go about every 45 min, or for #2 when he gets that look in his eye lol. one of my brothers was taught by going outside to pee on a tree (if you have that privacy). um i also know that ppl put bubbles in the water so when they go it makes bubbles, and if you have to step out of the room for a minute you'll know he went. just keep in mind when he's ready, it'll happen. the biggest thing is making sure EVERYONE who takes care of him is consistent in the efforts.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 12:42 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• i havnt started potty training my son yet but everyone has been telling me about these things called 'piss wizzers' or piss wizards or something like that, they are these color changing target things you put in the toilet and you basically can just make a game out of it for him, have him hit the target. its the same concept as the fruitloops, the only diff is that they change color when he hits em and they probably cost a lot more. oh but beware, this happened to my little brother in law, get soemthing to prevent the toilet lid from falling, it can be a huge hazard and im guessing very tramatic! good luck!
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 1:57 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My husband showed our son what you do etc. To our surprise my son was 26 months old when he wanted to pee like daddy =) We had it way too easy =) LOTS OF LUCK
    Luv03

Answer by Luv03 at 2:31 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My little boy always stood up to pee- we would just throw a square of tp in the toilet and tell him to sink it. (He also liked fruit loops or cheerios). I've heard some moms say they sit their boys on the toilet backwards. Also I kept a piece of paper by the bathroom door and whenever he tried to pee he got a sticker!
    warrenfamily95

Answer by warrenfamily95 at 3:02 PM on Jul. 23, 2009