Angel Food Ministries?

Anyone us this? Is it really enough for one week? Is the food decent?

My husband and I are trying to save some money and I heard about this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Food & Drink

• My friends do it, and yes it's good food. It might might be name brand stuff but it's still decent food.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:45 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• What is it???
    Anonymous

• The people in my area swear by this I havent used them (luckily i havent had to but i would if i needed it) and everyone says its great you get enough for meals and then some snacks and a bit extra so id say use it if you need it I think it would be worth it!!
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 12:49 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Thanks ladies. We are barely managing making ends meet and I thought this might help a little. My daughter accumulated a ton of medical bills over the last few months and it put us so far behind on things.
    Anonymous

• We use it - its wonderful - We have been using for over a year now
    Miss.Angel30

Answer by Miss.Angel30 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Yes, we've used it and really like it. Sometimes the month's menu isn't to our taste, so we we'll skip that month, but for the most part it's all good. What's really nice is that if you order at least one standard box, you can order as many of the extra boxes as you want. Extra boxes can be meat selections, seasonal fruit & veggies, ready-made meals or special holiday gift boxes. And, you can get in place of or in addition to the regular box a sensior's special box of ready-made meals or an allergy-free box.

And, contrary to popular belief, AngleFood Ministries is not just for people who are struggling - the whole idea behind the minstry is to provide a public service project for church members. Anybody who wants a good deal on their groceries and who wants to help out a local church can use AngleFood Minsitries.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 2:00 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• it is a lot of meat adn processed foods

Answer by rkoloms at 4:05 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• rkoloms: some people don't care because they can't afford anything else.

I have used Angel Food Ministries and the food is good. It is just my son and I so a basic box last us for atleast a month. There are a couple of fresh fruit and veggie boxes available and there is a box available that is gluten and other allergy free. ANYONE can purchase Angel Food Ministries and they take the foodstamp card. The fresh fruit and veggie boxes have A LOT of seasonal produce. I would get them but there is no way we could eat all the produce before it goes bad.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 23, 2009