my grandaughter...

of course i love her dearly,she is a little toe head,seems ok except for one thing?every once in a while i see her staring in to space..she is only 14 months but she isnt walking.she knows ears and mouth and all that.she can say dog and dad...But that stare just kind of scares me.her dad had tourettes and add...and my daughter had an reading iep...i know now they are doing something for tourettes. but it cant be diagnosed yet...any ideas???

nana77500

Asked by nana77500 at 12:49 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• baby's county health department should have an early intervention program. Even without medical records just for information you can call and ask general questions about their programs.

also starting about age two or three almost every school district has an early intervention program.

OH NANA what love for your grandbaby and her momma and daddy. You are not putting down baby's parents at all. More grandparents should be like you.
    I'd call those places for info and see if you can think of a way for baby's parents to look into it. Being baby's parents they'd have to register baby and get her care there not you.

Good Luck Nana!!!
    Anonymous

• I would just watch her for a while longer. I have two DDs that were like that at about a year and they still stare off in to space like that but they are normal. I do it to and its a way for me to block everybody out ( Evey though sometimes I don't realize that I'm doing it)! I wouldn't worry so much now unless she is doing it excessively. You could still bring it up to the doc and see what they think.

Anonymous

• Just love her! Try not to treat her as if there is something wrong with her. If she does end up needing some special help later on, then be there for her and her parents. Unless your daughter and son-in-law are not taking her in for regular check ups, then I don't think there is anything else you can do.
    Anonymous

• ya the dr thinks at this point she is fine ...she is a little behind in a few things.i told my daughter that where she lived they have a really good intervention program.the dr is keeping an eye on her because the the tourettes because it can inherited...
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 23, 2009