how do I start over????

my husband and I are contemplating divorce after 20yrs....i love him very much but the spark isn't there for him anylonger..I'm scared because I've been a stay at home mom for 17 yrs...I have a 6 yr old and am having a hard time finding work (with no exp.) how do you do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• Perhaps you should look into consulting, there are many companies that you could work for. Then you set your own hours. You could also enroll at the local college and get qualified for something. Nursing is always in need of more help. You would qualify for a pell grant most likely, so it could be partial or fully paid for. Sometimes they give you more than you need. Bank telling also doesn't require experience. My mom didn't have qualifications when she started that (she was in a similar situation) and she went pretty high up. (Now she is a medical transcriptionist and makes a good living at home) I hope it helps!
    NomadSara

Answer by NomadSara at 6:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• SAHM for 17 years AND a 6 y.o? Your attorney should be able to EASILY get you allimony AND child support. If you get custody of the child the support is mandatory no matter what state you live in. You should get the allimony because you have not worked in 17 years and he supported you ALL that time and should continue to for whatever many years the judge deems fit. As for job skills....McDonalds LOVES mommies for new employee's. they will work around your schedule and love to train people with no skills. Or look into job training at your local unemployment office.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• The "spark" is not necessary for marriage. A marriage is a commitment. Love is a choice- not a feeling. You can choose to be with him and continue your life with him without that lovey-dovey feeling.
    Anonymous

• Girlfriend, I'm just the women you want to talk to. I was with my husband, my housemate I should say for 20+ years as well and I made the move, started over and I am so very happy. Please send me a direct message and let's talk. If anyone else wants a share you are also welcome. Maybe we can have an open chat on yahoo chat.
    christybearskn

Answer by christybearskn at 10:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2008