How is the US coping with swine flu?

I ask because here in england:

Doctors say a total of 840 people are classed as 'seriously ill' in hospital - 63 of them in intensive care - from the effects of the disease.

The majority of people with the virus in hospital are aged 16 to 64, with 435 cases, followed by the under-fives, with 169 cases.

Among those aged over 65, 149 people are in hospital and there are 87 cases among young people aged five to 15.

31 dead.

GrungeMum

Asked by GrungeMum at 12:50 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Um it's handled like any other flu
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:51 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• To be honest I haven't heard much talk about it lately. I do know that many of the people who contracted it got to a hospital right away and were better within a few days.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:54 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I wish england media would stop scare mongering. Its ruining everything. Everyone is paranoid like crazy.

GrungeMum

Answer by GrungeMum at 12:59 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• the swine flu has been scaring the shit out of me since it came around when i was 6 months pregnant. ive been carrying hand sanitizer and washing my hands constantly ever since. im so afraid of my newborn getting it and dying. i just heard of two pregnant woman who got it, in one case the woman died, and the baby lived and in the other case the baby died, and the woman lived.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:00 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Um it's handled like any other flu

Zakysmommy, Hospital cases are not being handled like any other flu.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 1:02 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• but back to ur question .. from what i know here in the US, theres been lots of shows on it, how to prevent it and shit, they quarantine people when they get it, and they give you tamiflu. they ask you not to go to the doctor if u have symptoms, have the doctor come to you so that you dont spread it around.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:03 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I personally think it is a conspiracy begun by the pharmeceutical companies. The particular strain came from a laboratory that is fast tracking the vaccine and they haven't found the strain in any of the pigs at the pig farm that it started at. You will find some interesting information from Dr. Mercola about all of this.

I personally am not afraid at all.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:37 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:42 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I thought WHO stopped counting the cases of swine flu because they wanted to focus more on watching to see if it got stronger.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 2:37 PM on Jul. 23, 2009