Cuddling?

My 10 month-old is the happiest, most easy going baby that I have ever been around, I am incredibly lucky for this! This only problem is that he refuses to be soothed or cuddled, he actually pushes me away if I am trying to comfort him when he is crying.It makes me feel SO bad, like he doesn't like me....Any words of advice?

emnasmom

Asked by emnasmom at 1:23 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope, he's independant. Just go with it, when he wants comfort he will come to you for it. It has nothing to do with you.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:26 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• It's totally normal for some kids. I know it's heartbreaking sometimes but it's his personality. My oldest was that way fromt he very beginning. She would rather lay in her bassinet & coo at things than be cuddled. My other 2 have made upfor it though. lol
    mamabens

Answer by mamabens at 1:34 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My son did that - although he was the exact opposite of your son in every way - but he's 20 months old now and while he's playing he will just stop, run over to me and hug me and kiss me and run back and start playing again and that makes it even more special.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:17 PM on Jul. 23, 2009