What is it like when your water breaks?

I was picking my son up and I had a squirt of liquid and then I felt like I had to pee and couldn't hold it very well. It didn't smell like pee and it was clear. I didn't have my water break on it's own with my other two kids so I have no idea what it's like.
I'm usually the first to say call your doctor but I don't want to drag my hubby out of work and have my mom come down if I just peed myself. I'll probably call anyway but I want to know what it's like too.

litlsuzzy

Asked by litlsuzzy at 1:31 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• just remember the time it happened and what i did was walk around and put a pad on you will know if you keep leaking good luck

Anonymous

• I'm waiting for the doctor to call me back. I havn't bothered to put underwear back on, maybe I should.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 2:00 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Put a panty liner in your panties and see if anything collects. We all know what urine looks and smells like. If it is amniotic fluid then Anon is so right, it will just keep leaking and all those keigels won't help hold it in.

If baby just kicked your bladder, we know what that's like too, then you'd know the difference.
    My thought is if your gut tells you that you didn't pee on yourself, your baby didn't kick you in your bladder and it's not something you can control then you probably already know it's your water breaking. For me, it was really warm to hot when they broke my water and I never forgot that feeling. For me, it was a bit warmer than urine. So be mindful, keep us all posted and Good Luck.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:34 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• When my water broke, I heard a pop and then ran to the toilet, and there was a whoosh of fluid. I put a pad on and had to change it a few times. I agree with the other posters - put a pad or liner on and see if anything collects. If it does, call your doc immediately. They can easily test what's on the pad to see if it's amnio. GL!
    HybridMom27

Answer by HybridMom27 at 2:53 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• sit on the toilet for awhile, or put a pad on cause ur bloody show might happen or usually does after ur water breaks and thats what happened to me.
    Anonymous

• It was unmistakeble when my water broke. A huge gush of liuqid. I was standing,it was very warm and I felt some pressure and no pain at all. I would just call the doctor and go in just to have them check.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 4:05 PM on Jul. 25, 2009