I am a typical soccer mom. My secret is Im a phone sex operator, not because I like it, because with my level of education its the best option for making the most $$ and staying home with the kids. However, I am beginning to feel guilty, my kids dont know what I do, but its because of them I feel guilty. Has any other mom dealt with this sort of thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• yikes????????????
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• how did you get that job??? let me know because i am broke and i seriously need a job. message me!! but my answer to your question is, dont feel guilty yet - dont let them know about it but maybe you should start looking for a different job as they get older so that when they want to know where mommy works, you can tell them.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:37 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• It's not your childrens business, plain and simple. My husbands job working with Satelite programs is not our childrens business, what hub and I do when we are out with eachother isn't their business either, you being a phone sex operater is none of their business. If you are a shitty parents because of it, then you need to re-evaluate your job, but I think you are placing unessesary guilt on yourself. You are providing for your children, you are not doing anything illegal. If you don't like what you do, then it's time to find something else.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:37 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I would not worry about it it is legal and you are not hurting anyone and taking care of your family. It is ok too feel like that because it is kinda a secret you would not want to tell your kids but for the time being no worries you are putting food on the table and with the economy the way it is..GOOD FOR YOU!
    Anonymous

• I wouldnt feel bad at all. $ is $. wtf cares where it comes from.
    lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 1:39 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• my feeling is dont let the other moms know...you know how those soccer moms can be.they will think you are a threat to there children.i wouldnt tell anyone...keep it to your self.
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 1:40 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I don't have that problem, but I want you to know that you don't have to do what you do. There are other options that you have to be home with your kids to make an income. I do paper routes in the middle of the night, sleep is sparse, but I am home with my 2 boys. I started an at home biz a few months back to replace that income (I really want my sleep back!!!!). That is an option for you too. I don't do selling, don't take inventory, this is not MLM! Plus, the comp I work with just recently won an award with the BBB so it is no scam! I would love to answer any questions that you have, feel free to contact by email at rebeccabowen@live.com or visit my website at www.beingunited. Hope we can talk soon! Thanks
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• It's legal and supporting your family. Your children only need to know that you are a phone operator they don't need to know the details. Neither does anyone else. If the other soccer moms ask was you do tell them you are a phone operator. If they ask how customers are I'm sure you have a few stories that can sound really good without having to go into detail :}

Be proud that you are able to have an income to support your family.
    frenzied

Answer by frenzied at 1:56 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• the concept of phone sex seems silly to me, dont you ever want to bust out laughing? i dont think i would be able to stop laughing, but no you shouldnt feel guilty. no one but you and your husband. i wonder what other secrets seemingly normal soccer moms are hiding :]

you should write a book "The Secret Life of a Soccer Mom" and it will be a best seller and then you wouldnt have to work unless you wanted to :]
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• ..sorry i meant no one but you and your husband have to know... i think faster than i type obviously :p
    pookipoo