Dish Network?

How is service with them? We are looking into getting it - just the regular 100 channels, nothing special. Does it go out in bad weather? I heard a long time ago that it does and want to know if that has changed in recent years. I really hope that they are okay because they are SO much cheaper than the other ones out there!

YzmaRocks

Asked by YzmaRocks at 1:40 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Entertainment

• We had Dish Network from 1997 to 2007 and never had any problems with them. They don't go out like cable companies would like you to believe. And, to lose signal, it would have to be storming something fierce. In fact, my parents have cable and they went out WAY MORE than we ever did. We left Dish Network and moved to DirecTV when they lost the ability to carry network channels. Not sure if they got that back or not, but the hoops they made us jump through and the lies they kept telling us made us not trust them and, therefore, will never go back to them (even though they are admittingly less expensive than DirecTV).
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I just switched to DishNetwork from Direct TV. We got it bundled with our phone and internet and saved a good bit! I've only had it a couple of weeks, and so far I like it. It's a pain to get used to new remotes and guides, but we get more channels for less money. We have had a couple storms this week and it hasn't gone out (DTV would have). As long as the billing is what they said it would be, I think I will keep it for a while!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 1:53 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I've had less outages with DishNetwork than I did with Direct TV. We've been using DishNetwork for over two years and I can remember it going out for very short periods of time maybe 2 or 3 times. The only problem we did have was that it was so easy to order PPV movies with the remote that our baby did it by accident. We changed it so you have to call in to order movies now, and we haven't had any other problems.
    Anonymous

• We have it and we lose the signal every time it storms. In the summer that can be every week. We even lose the signal if it snows too hard. And it screws up our DVR. What really sucks is when the signal goes you can't even watch stuff already recorded on the DVR. It blows. And before we got the DVRS the guide thing didn't work. You couldn't look more then 2 hours ahead or it would lock up the guide with "searching" for 20 minutes. And most of the time we just got "no info available". It was dumb. The DVR guides work just fine, though, and we can search days (if not weeks--haven't tried it) ahead.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:57 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• we have dishnetwork and the only channels that go out for us is the hd ones. we live in a trailor park not sure if that has anything to do with it but sometimes it just depends on where the dish is. one time we had a really bad storm and the dish was loose once the hubby got it secure it work wonderful.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 10:59 AM on Jul. 24, 2009