Should I get a secong opion?

I woke up yesturday morning seeing black spots. Then lost partial vision on my left side shortly after lost feeling in my left hand face and tounge. No headache no senstive light or sound. We went to the ER the ER dr told me it was a miagraine. I have never heard of someone having a miagraine and no headache? Has anyone else had this? Should I get a second opion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Health

• I would get a second opinion.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:58 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Go get a second opinion. It's always best to be safer when it comes to health.
    Anonymous

• yes it could be a migraine
    but
    YES GET A SECOND OPINION TODAY
    the black spots and vision loss-call an opthamologist now

not an eye doctor that does just glasses

call first and they should see you ASAP, if they do not say come in now, call a different one

they will diolate your eyes to look inside, be prepared with dark glasses, someone to drive you home would be better, as your pupils will most likely be still diolated and some people do not like to drive especially when it is sunny

i worked at eye doctors office years ago, this is most likely a migraine but if it is an eye problem it is nothing to mess with, TIME IS IMPORTANT HERE!

call now, do not take no for an answer, make sure it is a opth. or better yet a opth that does retinal tears ans such

Anonymous

• I will now and forever get a second opinion. I was diagnosed with something I did not have at the er, spent alot of $ on meds and after getting a full work up check up by my doc was found not to have said disorder. Its your health. Do what feels right. Just remember, Doc make mistakes too.
    lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 2:21 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• It depends on what tests were done. These are also symptoms of a stroke

Answer by rkoloms at 3:02 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• A stroke was my first thought! they didn't run any test other then looking into my for swelling and sticking ou tmy tounge and wiggling it around and grabing and squeezing the dr hands
    Anonymous