Is it normal for a 15 yr old girl to take her latest boyfriend on family vacations?

lvmagrndkids

Asked by lvmagrndkids at 2:06 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I wouldn't think so. At 15, the boyfriend of the month just went to the zoo with us.. no vacation though
    starmoonlight

Answer by starmoonlight at 2:10 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I would say that is up to the family. My parents never let me because they would say I saw him enough, vacation was family time.
    Anonymous

• Well it's not abnormal...it depends if the parents feel ok with the guy.

But I do have to agree with Anonymous at 1: 10 p.m.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• i wouldnt allow it for all reasons stated. mostly because family vacation is for family
    cudybug

Answer by cudybug at 2:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I don't think it's a good idea for a number of reasons. First and foremost, vacation time should be family time. And there are always the sleeping arrangements to be considered. That alone would put additional stress on a period when we are hoping to live as stress free as possible. I'm not a fan of taking any extra people on vacation, even those of the same sex, much less those of the opposite sex. It's one of the best opportunities children have to learn to do what others want and to do what is best for the entire family. Adding another teenager into the mix is not going to be conducive to instilling that principle.

NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:22 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Pretty normal for them to ask, but even more normal for you to say "NO". Taking him would just create problems that don't need to be dealt with while on vacation. I want our family vacations to be as stress free as possible.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 2:45 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Depending on you. Is it strictly family time? Do mind if she were to bring a friend. If you decided to let him go the best i could tell you is really find out why she wants the boyfriend to go.
    victoriak12708

Answer by victoriak12708 at 2:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I went on my boyfriends family trips....
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 3:10 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• To me, privledges like going on vacation with a family are for serious relationships ( if your opposite sex). I dont want my daughter to take any boy that seriously while in high school. I dont think emphasizing the importance of those relationships is a good idea. I think your asking for trouble.
    Anonymous

• It sure would not be normal for MY 15 year old daughter......nope!
    Anonymous