31 weeks and really worried doctor is off on due date!

I am due Sep 21, so according to my doctor I am 31 weeks. My last period was on Dec. 15 but I am not sure if it even was a period. For me it abnormally light, watery, and only lasted about 3 days. If it was implantation bleeding then that would make me 35 weeks. What scares me is that at 29 weeks I was already dilated 1-2 cm, and I am loosing mucus plug little pieces at a time since 28 weeks. I also have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes,(being controlled with diet). I have tried and tried to bring this up at my check ups but my doctor(s) really just blow me off. I am worried that if I am further along and start labor soon they will stop it and with having GD that makes the baby at risk for being larger, for having an aged placenta, and other complications. Has anyone else know of a similar situation, and how would you handle this situation if it was your pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You have some really valid points. Has your ultrasound tech measured the baby now to "see" if your ideas make sense? What I mean is does the baby measure larger than 31 weeks gestation?

I'm sorry your doc is a baboon's ass. The good thing about having a choice is getting to make it. Advise your doctor that you want him to listen to you and if not, you believe this is putting you and your child at risk and you are going to seek a second opinion. If it were me and I was in your shoes, I would go get a second opinion on the ultrasound. Get a picture, some fact, to prove what you're saying and feeling. If you are 35 weeks then that also makes sense to start losing your plug, dialating, etc. If he still won't listen the walk as much as you can, get the baby to drop even more, have sex, do everything to get your labor started before the doctor is ready.

You know your body better than he does. Good Luck.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:27 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Well I'm kinda in the same situation. My doc says I am almost 32 weeks but according to my calculations I should be 34. Well I was measuring 3 weeks behind so they did an ultrasound today to find out why the baby weighed in at 3 pounds 10 ounces. They told me he was below the norm and they are going to keep an eye on him. Well if my dates are right then he is even smaller then he should be if I am 34 weeks. That makes it even more concerning. I know how frustrated you feel and how stressful it is and I am just trying to stay positive. Stress will not help the baby. I guess just try to stay positive, maybe WE are wrong on our calculations?? I can only hope. BUMP!
    jasey929

Answer by jasey929 at 2:30 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Oh and I wouldn't leave his office until I had ALL my questions answered! I kept trying to bring it up at my appointments and finally he listened to me and did the ultrasound, and good thing he did he said so keep pushing!
    jasey929

Answer by jasey929 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• This happened with my first.. she measured almost 2 weeks smaller then what I calculated (by my LMP which I was positive on when it happened) and when she was born her skin was peeling so bad, one of the nurses told me that she was probably close to 2 weeks over due with the way she was... Same thing is happening with this one.. She's measuring at 35 weeks but uterus wise I am measuring 37..which is what i should be according to my LMP (which I was on B/C.. so I know exactly when I had it that time too)
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 3:22 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• labor at home some till ur water breaks so they cant stop labor
    Anonymous

• I'm basically in the same boat other than your complications. My last REAL period was November 28th, which would make me 34 weeks tomorrow BUT I spotted on December 26th (it was not a normal period) so they took that date instead of november so they say I'm 30 weeks. They never did measurements during my first ultrasound like they should have. I've measured 2 weeks ahead this whole time but they still won't listen to me when I tell them that I never had a period in december. I changed doctors.
    Reguardless, she is going to come so I don't stress it anymore. I know that she will come earlier than THEY think.
    I would change doctors and see what they say. Good luck!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 5:29 PM on Jul. 23, 2009