• In the Spotlight:

Is Top Ramen publicly traded?

Now that we're seeing recessionist prodcuts on the rise, I'm wondering what to invest in. I'm thinking Ramen would be a great investment, along with Kraft - kool aid, mac n cheese, all the staples of an expensive diet people think is cheap. Maybe Oscar Meyer, too, though I think Eckrich and Ball Park are usually cheaper...
Any other suggestions?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 2:33 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Bisquick is good old-fashioned staple....pancakes to pie crusts and biscuits to casserole crusts...all in one! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:02 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• wait NP..on the hot dogs and sausages because I believe they just made it so that they have to now have a cancer warning on the package too. I would stay away from processed meats..at least for now. Plus if they pass this UHC ever then you might be in trouble for investing in the stuff that is killing us...thus putting and strain on the UHC system...just my 2 cents
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:37 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I think we have plenty of time to dump the stock before they ever pass that mess ;)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:40 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Bar S hot dogs are usually the cheapest (at least here they are). You might want to invest in any of the ketchup companies - cheap to buy and has a thousand uses.
    ljmcmichael

Answer by ljmcmichael at 2:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Ooh good thinking MOM...excellent idea.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:49 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Lmao! Those foods are SO expensive, but you forgot betty crocker. . .all those potato mixes, and don't they make hamburger helper! Lmao!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:50 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Hamburger Helper, perfect! Oh, and who makes Old Style?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:54 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Forget the food. Buy utilities. people will always need power, whether is it "standard" source, wind or water. Aside from "buy low, sell high" that is what my grandfather always told me.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:00 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• See now, I like bisquick. . .

Hubby can cook with it, lol! But we get the wegmans brand unless I have a coupon.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:08 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Plus if they pass this UHC ever then you might be in trouble for investing in the stuff that is killing us...thus putting and strain on the UHC system...just my 2 cents

I would be careful too they might make you liable for damages.lol
    Anonymous