Is it only my little guy that just never wants to sleep?

We have seriously had the same quiet bedtime routine since he's three months old. He's now 2 1/2, and his sleep pattern is never the same. He naps only about 1-2 hours per day. He wakes up at least twice in the middle of the night. He's looking for me. While he won't get out of his bed, and I won't put him in mine, he just needs the comfort of knowing i'm there. In the meantime, I get very broken sleep, and I'm physically exhausted (not to mention look like crap!). The funny thing is -- i know he's not getting enough sleep, but he's a happy kid otherwise! Is anyone going thru something similar with their children? Please tell me I'm not alone!

thomas1117

Asked by thomas1117 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• O your not alone... My 2 year old is the same way. He wake up like 1 to 2 time in the middle of the night. Also I have a 5 month old. so in a night I can wake up like 3 to 4 time a night. My son do take a nap during the day for like 1 to 2 hours. That is my me time.... :P
    Jamie8788

Answer by Jamie8788 at 2:42 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• my son has hated to sleep since I gave birth to him. he still crys himself to sleep every night and every nap time at 20 months old ugh.... we are lucky to get 1 nap of 1 hour a day out of him
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:11 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My daughter sleeps well at night...she rarely wakes until the morning.
    Anonymous