husbands/boyfriends smoking

how many of you guys think the guy in your life smoking weed reduces his sperm and other chances of getting you pregnant? why?
i need advise and help girls!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• i don't know if it affects sperm count. but i wouldn't want to get pregnant by a pothead anyway.
    Anonymous

• well, i've been with my dh for 8 years & he's always smoked pot, i got pregnant within a week of trying the 1st time and a month the 2nd time we tried, it's a myth
    Anonymous

• thanks i kinda thought it was just a myth it took me along time to even be okay with him smoking, but im glad to hear that it shouldnt affect his sperm count. thanks so much
    Anonymous

• myth i got preggo the day my hubby rolled a joint and smoked it
    Anonymous

• n/p GL
    Anonymous

• who dont smoke pot these days ?
    Anonymous

• lol thanx so much girls! totally giving me hope!
    Anonymous

• Its been proven in scientific studies that smoking a lot will effect sperm count and mobility. http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/pot/a/blub031013.htm However you have to smoke a lot, and regularly for the effect to really be felt. The bigger question here is... if he's doing illegal substances why are you trying to get pregnant? In most states if they catch you doing illegal drugs (yes even pot) they will take the children in the house away, no if ands or buts. Immediately. I would seriously ask myself if he is willing to give up the habit completely before attempting to worry about his sperm count.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 2:45 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Emuu, my husband has alot of medical issues so the doctors gave him a pot card. If he was to get pulled over he shows the cops that and nothing happens. Now if he was selling it would be a different story but hes not.
    I can understand some people wouldnt be with pot smokers, but am i really supposed to leave a guy i love and gave my life to because he has medical issues.
    Anonymous

• no i need a card .. thats kool as hell
    Anonymous