I know this makes me sound or look stupid but to whom do I write to

about them not voting for this universal health care stuff? I voted for Obama and I swore I would stay on top of things. I live in Washington state and I do not know who I contact to tell them my thoughts? Do I send the email to the Senator of the governor? Please don't bash. It was hard enough for me to ask this question as it is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml
    This link is for the House. You have to know what district you live in. You can find that with a google search.

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm
    This link gets you to the contact information for your 2 senators. Just type in your state.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/ This link gets you the White House.

I wrote both of my senators and my congressman. I also wrote the White House except I requested they NOT vote on this. It is being pushed through too fast. What are they trying to hide. Give our representatives and the public time to read and make an informed choice.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:28 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• You should write your senators.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 2:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Go to docs4patientcare.org. You'll find links there. If you need a stock letter send me a message or read my journal post about healthcare- there's an example letter in there and all the email addresses you'll need.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• your profile is set to private. And thank you to everyone who responded so kindly.
    Anonymous

• You write to Doc Hastings, Patty Murray, and Maria Cantwell.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 2:50 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I voted for Obama and I swore I would stay on top of things.

another disillusioned voter finally sees the light.
    Anonymous

• No I am not disillusioned, I just do not like the way this is being pushed. I think our POTUS needs to take a little time and think this out a bit more is all.
    Anonymous

• sorry OP....but Obama has never stuck around to see how his ideas panned out! he has never run a business before, so he does not understand basic economics 101, how businesses need to make a profit to stay afloat, etc.

he simply should not be in the position of power he is in without having learned about the way capitalism works, how businesses operate, without having first failed and learned from at least one poor investment, and how to play the stock market to understand all of its complexities. This is not the time for on the job training!
    Anonymous

• Both House & Senate are preparing to vote on this in September.
    Email your own Senators and Representatives, fax them at all their different offices and especially phone them at all their different phone numbers. NotPanicking gave you the links above to get their addresses and fax & phone numbers.

If they have an office in your area, make a big sign and go picket their office. Try joining in with a group who are organizing a protest - google "tea parties", and Glenn Beck has a network of tea party activists, and the 9/12 project, too.

And contact ALL Senators, especially the Republican ones, for them to hear your opposition. Contact as many Senators and Representatives as you can. Your objection gets counted as more than one person - it gets multiplied in their calculations because they realize that every person they hear from is an indication of hundreds more.

Thank you for whatever you can do! This is an ugly bill
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:12 PM on Jul. 23, 2009