What is the best straightner for your hair out there, my hair is dry frizzy and needs a good one to not burn it but not too incredaibly expensive. thnx

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I have the one from sallys that is generic for the Chi and I really like it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:03 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• get a CHI 100 bucks but soooo worth it, i have really course hair and no knock offs will work for mine the chi lasts me like 2 days of straight hair
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 3:18 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Chi is worth it, but if you get a cheaper one, MAKE SURE you get a hair protectant. They all get hot and will burn your hair. Thats what its doing when they steam. But if you put a straightener protectant on there, it will burn off the protectant and not your hair.

My Chi has been great, I've had it 4 years and its been worth it, it paid for itself within the first 3 months!
    AshlieTolliver

Answer by AshlieTolliver at 3:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• i agree with everyone about the Chi! I would probably never use anything else!
    KaireasMommy

Answer by KaireasMommy at 4:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I have a Herstyler Forever flat iron. I LOVE it. It is also a ceramic flat iron like the Chi. I got mine at a kiosk for $140. But I later found one for my sister on Amazon for $49! The key is your flat iron has to be "ceramic", not a metal iron. Ceramic gets very hot, but doesn't fry your hair. For the frizzies, get a good de-frizzing conditioner. Garnier and Panteen make pretty good ones...not too expensive.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:22 PM on Jul. 23, 2009