Why would a mother get her 13 yrs. old dd belly pierced?

To be a cool mom?

To get back at her ex bc he is against it?

I mean she did this bc (well this is what the daughter told us) she wanted to give her something really special from her mom turning 13....oh! brother.

the bm likes to drink maybe she was drunk that day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• whats wrong with piercings?I had one. I didnt show my belly off. I just liked it.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 3:08 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Yea personally I think 13 is TOO young for piercings, unless it's ears.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:10 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• mothers who are trying to be friends instead of parents. around here you have to be 16 even with a parents approval and you cant get a tongue piercing until your 18.
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 3:11 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• A mom might do something like that to bond with her daughter. Although she might be really young for it. My mom got me a tatoo for my 15th birthday. It got me alot of attention, which I really liked. But 13 is too young for a belly-ring.
    Hollytree

Answer by Hollytree at 3:11 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• at that age being an young teen I don't think it's that weird. I think it's weird to get little babies and toddlers ears pierced, that's clearly not that child's choice.
    Anonymous

• How sad! I'd say she did it because she is imature and wants to be a friend rather than a parent to her 13 year old.
    Anonymous

• If my children want tattoos or piercings other than their ears then they can wait till they are 18. I'm not giving my consent for that stuff nor am i putting money out for that. But I'm 39 and a little old fashioned I guess. But I also find other ways to bond with my children who are 10 and almost 16 that doesnt' require putting holes in their bodies or ink on them lol.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:14 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• i say its fine, i want to get the boyz ears done but the hubby wants them to want it first.. i tried to get my 6yr old to let me paint his nails black lastnight and he about died.. lol
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 3:15 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I wouldn't do it personally but wouldn't question why another mother chose to. She was OK doing it and approved of it. Doesn't make her a bad mother.

Anonymous

• You answered your own question. She wanted to get her something special. Nothing wrong with it. I would. Just cause a parent allows young piercings doesn't mean they're focused more on being the child's friend. It means they aren't making a big deal out of something that isn't a big deal.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 3:33 PM on Jul. 23, 2009