Fibromyalgia, Thyroid, and Overweight HELP!!!

I'm 32 yrs old and just found out that the pain I have been in for past couple yrs is Fibromyalgia. I also have thyroid problems, so therefore I am overweight. I have been overweight most of my life and now that I'm in my 30s it has become an issue for me. Before I really didn't care but now its more health than vanity. My problem is I hurt majority of the time so the idea of excersize is terrifying. I try to eat right but everyone knows that doesn't always work out. I am candidate for gastricbypass but my mom had the surgery like 25 yrs ago and all her hair fell out, she almost died. So that is not option. HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Have you talked to your doctor about any kind of diet plan? If you aren't able to exercise then you really need to find a diet plan to help you change the way you eat.

I'm diabetic and over 40. My doctor recommended the South Beach plan to kickstart my weight loss AND to help get my blood sugars under control. One week after I started the plan I was injured and was laid up for almost 2 weeks but I stuck to the plan. I dropped 7 pounds during that time, with NO exercise, diet only.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 23, 2009