When in pregnancy do you start producing milk?

I'm 2 weeks from my due date...and my entire pregnancy I've not had sore breasts, nor have the gotten bigger. I've been the same cup size. When will I produce milk? Or is there something wrong with me??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You're normal! Some women see leakage in pregnancy, others don't. I didn't see colostrum till delivery and milk six days postpartum.

ALL normal.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• some start leaking colostrum before birth. and for most the milk comes in around 2-3 days post partum - its a hormone thing

mine came in with a vengeance 12hours after giving birth for all three. and that was when they grew..and grew. started out at a DD36 and a week pp was F36.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:17 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Don't feel bad. My chest hasn't grown either. I'm ok with that. I don't really want to look like the bow of a ship just yet. But with my son my milk didn't come in till 4 days pp.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I just got colostrum at 20weeks preg. But many family members of mine didnt get that until their baby was born and my aunt did get bigger breasts until her supply of milk came in. she went from B-C
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:22 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Every women's body is different. I got colostrum within my 10 week of pregnancy. And its' stayed that way. I'm sure I will be holding milk when the times comes to nurse. Don't worry mom to be. It doesn't matter what size your breast are to feed. I'm 26 weeks almost and I'm a 42 F but, like I was saying every women is different. good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Your body will start the process of telling your milk to come in when the placenta leaves your body... I am 31 weeks pregnant and started having colostum in the first trimester... Your milk will come in within 5 days of having birth.. I was told this at a breast feeding clss at my local hospital last week. Good luck try and take a class on breatfeeding before you have your baby and invest in a pump so when your milk does come in you can relieve engourgement.
    ALDmama

Answer by ALDmama at 5:39 PM on Jul. 24, 2009