DIET!

im a 19 year old mother, i have gained weight, i hate it..
i want my old body back so bad..
its so hard to get motivation!
need ideas on good motivation and good excersie diet plan...
OH. im about 5'10 -- 192 pounds. yuck!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• i hear ya, im a 21 yr old mother needing to loose this baby weight already.
    while your trying to loose weight, no more bad carbs (bread, cereal, pasta etc.) - only good carbs, fruits & veggies. eat lean protein like chicken, turkey, egg whites, tuna fish, salmon etc. especially before and after you work out. drink as much water as possible, like 8 bottles or glasses a day, even more if you can. do as much cardio (tredmill, eliptical, running & jogging, swimming) as you can and strength training & weights. mega-t green tea pills are a good diet pill that worked for me. the problem is - which is why i cant loose weight (cant work out with a newborn) - you have to do the diet & the exercise. one without the other wont work. once you loose the weight, you can start eating carbs or good fatty foods again once or twice a week, on holidays and etc.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:07 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 4:07 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• PS you have to work out for atleast an hour to loose weight. more if possible. burn more calories then you eat every day.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:08 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• This feeling is terrible! I ended up going from around 130 pounds to 170 and I was stuck there after having my second child! I tried everything but I just couldn't find anything that was working for me!

I was watching oprah one day and ended up seeing acai berry on there. So I did a lot of research on the internet and decided to give it a shot. You won't know what works for you until you try! I tried a few different supplements until I finally found one that works.

I lost a lot of weight from taking acai and colon flush supplements. Also, with trying to fit in regular exercise a few times a week.

My eating habits changed a lot when I began taking acai. It just gave me nice boosts of energy and made me feel satisfied after eating a small meal. I also began to eat healthier which helped a tremendous amount.

You can read my blog here at www.jilliansdietblog.com

Message me if you have any questions. I'll try my best to help!
    jj49

Answer by jj49 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 24, 2009