HELP! My daughter's babysitter ....

omg, I really need some advice. My work is not a normal 9-5 job. I get it based on the hours in a month I get then I make my schedule. (Its a budget thing is what im told) I told my daughter's babysitter this in the beginning at the interview. I just found out today I may not need her next week. (My daughter only goes on Thurs and Friday's bc he father watchs her Mon-Wend) I could see the expression on her face. It wasn't happy. I understand she is stressed and it does to me too bc I was counting on having 32 hrs this week too. I dont know what to do. I only know at the beginning of each month what my schedule is like and I tell her. I can't afford a regular even part time care. HELP!!

LilliansMom08

Asked by LilliansMom08 at 3:30 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I understand that money can be tight for some, however, it would be best to still pay her for the time that she would normally watch her. I used to baby sit for a family and would get paid when need or not. Alot of the time the grandma would watch the little one and I'd get the day off. But still got paid. If you really are happy w/ the sitter and want to keep her, I would pay her the full amount she would normally get, or if that is tough, try and make her happy by paying her half of the amount. Maybe she would be good w/ that. Good luck!!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Well I live in Richmond as well and have been looking for some extra kids to watch. If you need me to I can care for her at my home and it does not matter what the schedule is as long as it is not night or weekends. Again my name is Danielle Albritton
    mummauf3jkl

Answer by mummauf3jkl at 8:16 PM on Jul. 24, 2009