in a child or should i say toddler how do you tell sepertion anxiety or if its just a phase

my knphew i tried watching him today and once his mom walked out the door he was backing into corners crying saying "mommy ,mommy" and tht was unusual for me because he knows me and his uncle because im his aunt through marriage .He acted like i was going to hurt him and i would never do tht he was raising his hand at me and acting like he didnt know me at all is there a problem ??

rainingglass101

Asked by rainingglass101 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• Separation anxiety is normal. Children need their parents. It's unfortunate for some, but just a fact of life.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 3:52 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• i understand this but im saying this little man is 3 is it normal
    rainingglass101

Answer by rainingglass101 at 3:53 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Yeah. A 3 year old feels more secure w/ his parents just as any other aged child would. He's still very young to handle his hard emotions.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 4:00 PM on Jul. 23, 2009