I heard that the babys sex could depend on the heart rate....

I heard the babys sex could depend on the heart rate, i find out what im having next month but my babys heart rate is 160, it was 162 but the last two times i went to the dr its been 160, could someone tell me what they think it would be with that heart rate or no?

wishingmommy1

Asked by wishingmommy1 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Old wives tale! sry sweety! my baby boys heart rate was 141 when I went in last month and I went in on monday and it was 156.
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 3:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I wouldnt trust it. My Doctor told me the heart beat sounded like a little girls, but the ultrasound clearly showed a boy. lol
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 3:39 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• all three of mine were different heart rates...one was high, one low and one in the middle and they're all girls. so I never really believed in it.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:39 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Totally a myth, I had a little boy (11 days ago) his heart rate was usually in the 150 - 160 range, a friend of mine is having a boy and his heart rate is usually in the 120 - 130 range.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 3:39 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I wouldn't say that the heartbeat will really tell you, My baby's heartbeat was that about a month before too,and it goes to about 140 or so by the time of the ultrasound, And the ultrasound showed a boy!
    good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:40 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I had heard if it's below 140 then it's a boy and above 140 then its a girl. I asked my u/s tech about it and she said there is no truth to it.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• The day the baby is born is when you will know for sure baby's sex no matter what tests said what in pregnancy. Enjoy pregnancy and baby, be prepared for either sex until second of birth.
    Anonymous