how can I get my two year old to quit bitting?

whenever she gets mad she will bite and she bites really hard, how do I get her to stop?

braysmom08

Asked by braysmom08 at 3:38 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It can be hard. My oldest bit from the time he was 17 mths til he was just about 3.

When I worked in a daycare we would put lemon juice on a washcloth and make them bite on it for a few seconds. That seemed to help the kids stop biting.

There is the tabasco drop on the tongue that some try and seem to work(my son liked it LOL).

There is a couple of ideas for ya. Good Luck!
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Luckily my son isn't biting but I heard from MIL to bite them back, but not that hard. She said it worked for my husband when he would bite. I don't know if that would be child abuse but if you do just don't do it too hard. Just make sure that she understands that it does hurt when she does it. Just please don't do it to where you leave a mark. Whatever you decide to do good luck.
    Anonymous

• Bite back harsh but thats what seemed to work for my sisters kids
    ALDmama

Answer by ALDmama at 5:26 PM on Jul. 24, 2009