vacation food to bring?

I'm going on vacation for a week.What kind of food should i buy to take with me??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Travel

• Your question is very vague. Is this travel food or will you have the use of a kitchen?

Answer by rkoloms at 3:51 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I am assuming you are taking a road trip. If that's the case, will you have a cooler? How long will you be on the road? The basic non-perishables are peanut butter, individual containers of shelf stable fruit, jello & pudding, granola/snack bars, pop tarts, nuts, crackers. Don't forget plastic flatware, napkins, paper plates and wet wipes. The rest depends on your answers to the questions.
    bocamom62

Answer by bocamom62 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• i'm going to the beach for a week, we will have access to oven and fridge.
    SamsMom24

Answer by SamsMom24 at 5:04 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• We went to the beach earlier this summer and were able to cook for some of our meals. It saved us a ton of money. We drove 20 hours so most the food we bought from the local grocery store. We ate breakfast and lunch at the resort. I like to go on vacation for the purpose of not cooking so we did easy meals. Breakfast we did cereal, fruit and yogurts. Lunch we did pizza, brats, subs, chicken nuggets, TV dinners. Just something to get us through the day.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 23, 2009