• In the Spotlight:

I bought my daughter a potty for her first birthday.

I know she is too young to start potty training, but I want her to be comfortable with it when that time comes. Well, she likes playing with it and keeps putting her toys in it . .. lol. Anyway, this won't be a big deal will it? I sit her on it and she smiles really big! She thinks it's fun! This isnt a bad idea, is it?

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my oldest played with hers like that until it was time to potty train. just getting used to it but I did keep emphasizing that its where potty goes....and then when it came time to potty train her it ws actually pretty easy
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:03 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• THat's exactly what I did. around 16 months or so I would put her on it after baths and left i in the bathroom so she could copy me. At 26 months she's now gone 3 days w/o an accident! I had to wait until 2 becuase she had surgery and I knew it would thorugh her off anyway.
    Anonymous

• Got our son one to! He is 19 months old and just for fun every other time myself or my husband go to the bathroom we take off his diaper and sit him down on it and tell him okay I go pee pee can you? Or we grunt lol and tell him poop!! He wil stand next to it when he poops now so were getting there!
    ALDmama

Answer by ALDmama at 5:20 PM on Jul. 24, 2009