should i let my 5 year old ride the bus or should i bring him to school?

i am nervous about letting my son ride the bus. he can be a bit impulsive meaning that he occasionaly runs away from us when we go places. Im worried that he will not want to sit while the bus is moving. Im also nervous about him in the morning at school . the teachers get them off the bus, and make them sit in group until all the kids are off the bus. im just scared that he will run off unnoticed by his teacher instead of sitting and waiting. am i being too paranoid?

grace985

Asked by grace985 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• if you feel nervous about it I don't see why not drive him yourself at least for the first few days/week and then once you and him feel a little more familiar, let him try the bus if that is what is common in your area.
    It all depends on who is on the bus, how far is he going to go on the bus, etc.etc.
    I would take him in the first day anyways just cause that is me.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Yep.
    Anonymous

• Yep. I rode the bus and I'm still alive many many years later. The school has probably done it for years. Let him be.
    Anonymous

• The biggest concern that you should have is the education that your son will receive on the bus.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:11 PM on Jul. 23, 2009