Im 16 and about to be 17, should i breastfeed or bottle feed?

lol its funny but im scared that if my boobs r too small to breastfeed that it will hurt so thats why i want to bottlefeed. should i breastfeed?

wishingmommy1

Asked by wishingmommy1 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes, you should breastfeed! Believe me, my boobs are VERY small! I have trouble fitting into A cups LOL, but I made more than enough milk for my baby and successfully breastfed for almost 7 months. It might hurt for the first week or so, but after that, once you and baby know what you're doing, it's a breeze! And it definitely is convenient in the middle of the night, no bottle to prepare, no turning on lights.... you barely have to wake up! AND it helps you lose weight faster! So it's good for you too.
    I say give it a try, at least for 2 weeks after you get home, and you'll see how easy it is.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 4:06 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• breastfeeding hurts anyone in the begining. But the pain is quickly over and its great for both you and the baby. I lost all my baby weight by the time my daughter was 5 days old and everyone says the breastfeeding helped. Size doesn't make it feel any different trust me mine were small before and after she was born they were bigger than her head i was amazed lol.
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Breast size and age doesn't matter. A woman who is 30 years old and had 36DD breasts won't makes any more or any better milk than a 16 year old with a 32A chest.

Breastfeeding is best for babies, and that's what it comes down to.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 4:07 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I'm 17 gonna be 18 with my first and i plan of Breast Feeding my baby. Its the best thing you can do for your baby. even though it might hurt, its better to give your baby what it needs. I heard from alot of Ladys in my family that it doesn't matter what size, it could hurt either way. Think of you baby not the pain =]
    Momma_Ducky67

Answer by Momma_Ducky67 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Just to add -
    I was 17 when I found out I was pregnant (I was a 34A bra size), 18 when I had my daughter, and I'm now 20 and still nursing her (and my bra size is now 34C).
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 4:11 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I was also a AA cup size, but was only able to breastfeed for 3 months not b/c it hurt but my milk just stopped coming in. I was happy she was able to have the colustrum which helps with her immunities and I also lost most of my baby weight. Both of you benefit if you are able to do it.
    Anonymous

• Read the 101 Reasons to Breastfeed on promom.org. It'll help you.

Size doesn't matter.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:19 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I did not breastfeed but not out of fear of pain. My kids are great. But if it's the discomfort you're worried about, give it a try and if it doesn't work out, bottle feed.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:02 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• It doesn't matter what size your breast are or what age you are, you have to decide by either research or your personal feelings on to breast feed or not.
    Breast feeding is really good for you and the baby, but if you decide not to it's your personal choice.
    good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:41 PM on Jul. 23, 2009