glucose testing

if you do not want to test done on yourself, don't you have the right to not take the test? my doctor said last month that i have to take the test and i told her no and she pushed me into saying yes...i am leaving on the 29th to go on vaction and i had my apt then and it was cutting it close to rushing to the airport and i called and tried to get the apt switched, and they told me no, so i tried to cancel my apt yesterday and my doctor came on the phone and gave me some spiel about how i have to do this test...so i'm going tomorrow to do this test...

chevygal86

Asked by chevygal86 at 4:05 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• im pretty sure you have to take it as a guideline for the state or something like that. but you would think you could at least re schedule it...i would have.. i would have said sorry but i have a flight to catch ill do it when im back .
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:06 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I failed my first one, but passed the second one with flying colors.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 4:07 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Why wouldn't you want to test? If it's for you and your baby's well being. I think you do have the right to refuse, but I'm sure they will make you sign papers in case something were to happen then doctor would not be liable.
    Anonymous

• I would take it if you do wind up having Gestianal Diabe. it could reallt hurt the baby I just had it done last week vacation could wait not your health or babies health
    Anonymous

• Can I ask why you dont want the test? Isn't the glucose to check if you have or are at risk of having diabetes?
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I would take it, it doesnt harm you. Its really for the benefit of the baby. I say suck it up get the test. Sorry if that seemed harsh. and no you dont have to do anything you dont want to but its not for u its for ur baby
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I failed my one hour one and had to do the three hour. Torture...it was so boring. But the test itself wasnt so bad. Stunk being stuck that many times with a needle but I was glad to pass that time.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 4:10 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• You gotta take it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:01 PM on Jul. 23, 2009