have you notice this Christians?

That when someone ask a question they can be 15 differnt Chrisitans answer the question in 15 differnt ways? Do you think some of us are not reading the bible like we should and are putting what we believe in the questions when are are suppose to be putting WHAT GOD BELIEVES? WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible written Word of God.

2 Tim. 3:16 Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God's will in thought, purpose, and action),..

Sadly there are those who say they are Christians but will say things are okay that the word of God clearly calls a sin.. (i.e. homosexuality, fornication, gossiping, witchcraft, sorcery, etc.)

Other resources I use would be a bible dictionary, a bible concordance etc. to make sure reading in proper context... but word of God should be final authroity....

bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Some things in the bible aren't so black and white and people interpret them the best they can.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• If we all have the Holy spririt which we can not enter into heaven without it.. The spirit should tell everyone the same thing.JOHN 3:5 "Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."
    Anonymous

• PURPULbutterfly, aren't you just very mean. If that is what being non Christian is all about I will stick to Christian.
    Anonymous

• No, I think that some are more educated than others. Meaning they look for other sources, they read text other than the KJV or living Bible. They actually check other sources. When you hear other Christians say they don't need to read anything else, that the Bible is enough that says to me they didn't do enough research. Reading from more than one source gives a deeper more clear meaning.
    Anonymous

• Christians lets pray for PURPULbutterfly
    Anonymous

• It works the same way in ALL religions. Unless you have actually met and talked with the leader of your particular belief system, you don't know exactly what his answer would be for everything. Some things could be meant one way and taken another. Everything in religion is open for interpretation. That's the beauty of it. There are no clear black and white answers. It doesn't mean that anyone is doing it wrong... If they are not living in a way that conflicts with THEIR beliefs and their interpretations, they can't be wrong!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:17 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Anon 15, I take high offense at that. My nonChristian friends are very nice, sometimes kinder than Christians. Christians who don't look outside the Bible and live life in a true representation of the love of Christ are the problem. Putting the Bible down sometimes and practicing the love of Christ is the key.
    Anonymous

• sorry you take offense to that, but like I said if that is an example of nonChristian than I prefer to not be part of it. Consequently, you have the right to not want to be part of Christianity. I will not take offense to it. I wonder--do you take offense to what PURPLE butterfly said? Do you agree it is ok to call an entire group crazy?
    Anonymous

• I agree with bonn777
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 23, 2009