How to get my 1 yr old to sleep in his crib?

My son will be turning one on July 25th and I still nurse him to sleep at night. He has been sleeping in the bed with me and the hubby, but he's such a rough sleeper it's time for him to get out!! Please help! I need advice or my hubby said he will start sleeping on the couch :(

tabc531

Asked by tabc531 at 4:10 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• awe. i have not had my baby yet but my friend always got hers to sleep in her crib by comforting the baby in its own room or by its crib until he falls asleep and then just set him in there with either pillows or stuffed animals to surround him because to the baby it feels like the pillows or stuffed animals could be mommy and daddy, u just want ur baby to feel safe and comforted. like i said i havent had my baby yet so im not an expert but thats how my friend got hers to sleep in its crib.
    wishingmommy1

Answer by wishingmommy1 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I've been there.

The book "Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems" by: Dr. Richard Ferber saved our marriage. None of us were sleeping well, even the baby, until we got her sleeping in her crib on her own. The bad thing is when you wait till they're this old to move them to their crib they are more resistant. You just have to be persistent and very consistent with your method.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:15 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• same thing here, i weaned her in 3 days from breast to whole milk at one. and after she transfered to whole milk i just let her cry it out, i hated every second of it. my S.O had to hold me back to help out, i asked him to do this if need be. after a few days she was fine, naps were harder but we got that down a few months later
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 5:37 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I nursed my daughter for 13 months and she didnt spend a single night in my bed!

You want to know how to get him to sleep in his crib? Put him in there and dont take him out! He will go to sleep and as long as he is fed and changed, he WILL be ok
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:21 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Thanks ladies...all of this info is very helpful!
    tabc531

Answer by tabc531 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 24, 2009