Baby Acne

Does anyone know how to get rid of your baby's acne faster?My baby is three 1/2 weeks old and his poor face is a mess

msaltmomof2

Asked by msaltmomof2 at 4:13 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• dont pick at it. let it be it should clear up on its own.. if it isnt and its been a while i would bring it up to the pediatrician who could let you know if it is something more than just baby acne.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:15 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• It will go away, it is from all the hormones from being inside you, if it is the tiny white bumps dont pick at it, it will go away. If it gets really bad just talk to the ped, but it is normal and clears on its own. Has he had it since birth or is it something new, if it is something new I would tlak to the ped, it might be a reaction to formula, baby soaps, washing powders etc..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:19 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I don't mess with it. it just looks really bad. H just got it yesterday
    msaltmomof2

Answer by msaltmomof2 at 4:21 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• If he just got it yesterday, the ped might want to take a look at it, did you anything, his formula, or what you bathe him in or wash his clothes with. It still could be baby acne, it can come anytime but it is usually shortly after birth, sometimes in the first few weeks. Is it around his mouth or chin. or in other areas
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:26 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My son had that really bad and my Mom told me to take a tiny amount of white dial soap on my fingers and wash his face with it. Just be careful you don't get any in his eyes!
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My oldest had horrible red rash covering her face and head even down to her chest. It was HORRIBLE. Someone told me to wash it with soap and water and keep it clean and dry and it would clear up and it did.

I had never used soap on her face before.

With my second I am not sure if it was because she was a different person or because I washed her face from the start without being so scared, but she never had that problem.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 4:34 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Don't touch it and don't wash it with soap. It will clear up by itself. My youngest had it and she looked pretty bad too, but all of a sudden it was gone. It is hormones and very normal.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 5:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I expressed some of my milk on it and it would go away overnight. I even use it on my own acne. It works better than any medications I have used.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 12:57 PM on Jul. 24, 2009