Feeding schedule

My baby is 6mo and he has been eating baby food since 5mo, I´m not sure how much food am I suppoused to be feeding him, at the begining he was olny eating a little bit of cereal or vegetables, but now i want to put him in some kind of schedule so it´ll be really nice if you ladies share yours.... thanks!!!!

Iansmommy004

Asked by Iansmommy004 at 4:17 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He should still be getting plenty of formula and little food. At this age the baby for is for practice, remember his digestive system is still not fully mature and most of his nutrition is coming from breast or formula. I gave mine teaspoons amount several times a day and before bedtime but still the same number of bottles before food but a few ounces less with the babyfood.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:23 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• my daughter started cereal at 3 months and other foods aroudn 4 months so she may eat a bit more than your son. But i'll tell ya her schedule and you can be the judge she is turning 6 months tomro just remember we have been working our way up to this amount of food. She eats cereal or oatmeal (mixed with 3 oz of breastmilk) for breakfast, then a bottle/ or nursing, then around noon or a little later she is offered 1 jar of vegetable and 1/2 a jar of fruit, then a couple more bottles/ nursing, then 1 jar of a meal/dinner or 1/2 a jar of meat with a jar of vegetable (but she usually just eats part of the vegetable) then bottles/nursing till bed. I let her have as much milk as she wants and if she isn't eager to eat her food I don't force her to. I feel this amount of food is appropriate for her because she is satisfied after eating but isn't over weight by any means, shes a petite girl though. Hope this helps!
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 4:28 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My daughter is almost 6 months and have been on this schedule for about a month now:
    5.30:breastfed
    7.30:cereal with fruit
    9:breastfed and nap, wakes up around 11-11.30
    12pm: cereal with either fruit or vegetable
    1pm:breastfed and naps for about 2-3 hours
    4pm:breastfed
    5.30-6pm vegetables for dinner
    bath around 6.30-7
    7-7.30:breastfed and bedtime
    4am: breastfed

Every solid feeding is about 4 tablespoons, and I offer her water with it.

Hope this helps, Good Luck.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 5:41 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My baby had his first bite of food at 6 1/2 months. He got a couple bites about once a week for a few months until he started asking for bites of whatever we were eating for dinner. He also got a snack of puffs or cheerios once in a while. He didn't start eating meals until after his birthday and he started demanding more food. Until the first birthday (sometimes longer), solid foods are for practice and experimenting with new tastes and textures, NOT NUTRITION.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 12:54 PM on Jul. 24, 2009