When is the earliest I can use a pacifier?

Im a first time mom and I dont have a clue because all of the ones I have seen are for 3-6 months and up but I see newborns with them. Where do I find newborn pacifiers?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 4:24 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We use the MAM, and they have months listed on them. They have some that are from 0+, and then from 6 months and up. I used them with my oldest and now with my youngest, and I have always liked them. They have them at Walmart, babiesR us and other places. I never had any problems with my daughters breastfeeding and using the pacifier at the same time, but it might be an issue with yours, so just try and see what works, and go from there...
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 5:32 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• in the store they will have ages on the packages.. or the hospital has those round green ones.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:25 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• The hospital will have ones they can give you. Its the brand you find at the store "Soothies" i think. All stores sell the 0-3 months, they just might be out of stock. But the hospital will give you one.

If you can find them at the regular store, try the mall or a sears or such and look in the baby section.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 4:26 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I gave DD a pacifier the day she was born. I BFE for months too, so giving a pacifier won't neccesarily hurt BFing. I got it in the hospital, they gave me a lot of crap for it but I was in PAIN from her constant sucking, I needed the break.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 4:40 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• YOu can find them you just have to look hard sometimes. I suggest buying several brands because some babies do have preferences. My DD wouldn't take a soothie so we tried the 'button' kind and finally NUK she took the NUK fine.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:55 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I found some from walmart. They are Nok brand. They have the funny little sayings on them. They are birth +
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 4:59 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Nuk brand
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 5:00 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I had to be put to sleep to have a c-section with my first. She was crying and hungry before I recovered from the anethesia. My husband gave her a paci before I even woke up. We used the Soothie brand paci. Once I woke up, we had no trouble getting her to breastfeed. She BF for 18 months and used a paci the whole time.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:18 PM on Jul. 23, 2009