At what age can an infant/baby start Stage 3 foods?

My pediatrician said 9 months, but my daughter got into some chicken gravy (don't even ask how), and she LOVED it. She's 7 months old. Would it really hurt her to start on Stage 3s????

SlightlyPerfect

Asked by SlightlyPerfect at 4:25 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no not at all, don't worry about it. If she wants it and it doesn't bother her stomach go ahead and give it to her. My daughter started stage 2's at 4 months because they were cheaper and never had a bit of problem. However, since the jars are larger if she doesn't want it all don't force her to eat it
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Thanks, Mama1. I think you're right. I was kind of late getting Lulu to eat Stage 1s, so maybe she is ready. She was EBF until 5 months.
    SlightlyPerfect

Answer by SlightlyPerfect at 4:51 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I think it's fine. Stage 3 is just thicker.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 23, 2009