Does this make me a bad person?

Sorry I know this is not very fun.

Went to my midwife today. I'm 39 weeks. She said my son has not dropped yet. And that she could try and turn him. I told her no. I'm afriad of the cord getting wrapped around his neck. I told her. If I have to have a c sec. I will. I don't want to worry about the cord or anything else hurting. I'll pay the extra money and take the longer recovery. She looked at me and said well you must not be to scared about your childs life. So should I let her try and turn him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• NO, I would NEVER consent to a manual version! My sister had one and thankfully it didn't work. They had to stop because the baby's heart rate was dramatically dropping. When he was born a week later via c-section they found his cord was wrapped around his neck eight times and had a relatively tight knot in it. If they had succeeded in turning him, he would have died.
    I am terrified of the c-section but would have one before getting the manual version!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:30 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• no that doesnt make you a bad person and she shouldnt have said that and if she doesnt like your decision then thats too bad this is your child your decision and i think she was wrong and you did the right thing
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• No you should not let her do it.
    Trust yourself!

It makes me mad that a midwife would say something to you like that!

Good luck with your upcoming birth.
    Anonymous