fever question

My husband came home from work sick. He has a fever and just isnt feeling good. His fever is 102.2 when he first checked it was 101.3 and he took something after that and it keeps going up.. we live in germany and there is only one hospital near by thats a german hospital. My question is.. At what tem should my husband go been seen. He thinks that if he sleeps he will sleep the fever away. I have never heard of that. I dont know what else to tell him.

proudmama930

Asked by proudmama930 at 4:29 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Health

• I don't think it's a reason to go to the hospital. Tell him to take some tylenol and lay down
    Anonymous

• Unless he has other serious health problems he should be fine.. Continue to take tylenol every couple of hours and wait it out. Fevers aren't very dangerous in adults so I wouldn't worry too much.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 5:06 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• keep him cool, keep him well hydrated. unless his fever goes over 104, there is no reason to see a doctory

Answer by rkoloms at 7:11 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• It sounds like your dh just picked up a virus.  A low fever is actually the best thing for him right now because it is the body's way of fighting the infection.  Heat will kill a virus, that is way we get a fever.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:35 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• In a healthy adult, 102 is something to worry about. I would call the doctor and get an appointment. My doctor always told me that if my temp was over 101, that it is a sign that something is not right in an adult. Adult bodies don't handle fevers as well as children do.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:01 AM on Jul. 24, 2009